Thursday, August 9, 2007

Surprises are good, right?

Hi girls!

As usual, I love reading all your posts and keeping up with all the news and adorable pictures from everyone. I just had to add a quick update of my own. As some of you already know, I was recently surprised to find out that I'm pregnant again! (Yikes!)

This wasn't exactly planned (we knew we wanted another baby, but not quite so soon...) so it's taken some time to adjust to my new reality. It's like: welcome to Croatia, you've been here a whopping (almost) 6 months--I think it's time you learned about the medical system, prenatal care and do some research into labor and delivery in this country. Not what I thought I would be concentrating on at this point! =)

But God is good, and I know he surprises us for good reasons. I'm already getting more and more excited about this little one, who may be here as early as February! So this baby will only be 21 months younger than Emma. Luckily I know there's experienced moms out there like Shari who have kids close together and are still living to tell about it! =)

Plus I've already had my first appointment with a great OBGYN here in Zagreb who was really nice and spoke great English (a definite plus). Some of the nurses at the clinic I went to even spoke English, though not all. I'm sure I will quickly learn the Croatian for "Please pee in this cup" and that will come in very handy for my life here. Ha!

Love you girls! Thanks for letting me share my news.

2 comments:

Chris and Amber said...

Congratulations Amy!! Yes, surprises are good, especially when they are babies:-) When did you guys find out? Do you know whether it's a boy or girl yet? I know, so full of questions. We are praying for you and your family! Love you,

Amber

Danielle said...

Amy, Congratualtions!!!! How exciting for you and the family! This is wonderful news, albeit surprising as I have come to learn all meant to be. So congratulations on your news. Keep us posted on how the medical care in Croatia is, I'm curious! =)
Danielle