Friday, July 27, 2007

All Moved In...well mostly!

Greetings from the Yosemite Area!!!
The kids, Tim and I have moved in and probably are mostly settled. You know how it always seems like there is just one more box to go through. But nevertheless we have been fully functioning in our new home. Ruby is loving all that the outdoors has to offer, as is Luke, however we have to keep him much more contained in the outdoors or all of it would end up in his mouth. We have also found a church that we really like and have begun to get ourselves involved. Ruby has had VBS this week and is having a great time. I have met a few mothers and will be getting together with them in the next couple of weeks. So I feel like in the short amount of time that we have been here, we've managed to make it feel more like home. Although I am still getting used to all the wild animals and insects that also share this area. We had a bear come in the middle of the night and attack our trash can in search of the raw meat I had put in there. So apparently up here you can't put raw meat in the garbage. It did however make me think of the time, Amber, when we went camping over the Torrey conference and a bear came into our camp searching for the hamburger helper I was making. And I think it was Dave's idea to click our flashlights and his Teva sandals at it to make it go away. Do you remember that? My husband still laughs at the naivety of that story. Anyhow, here is our new information should anyone want to call or come for a visit (we have plenty of room):
39436 Manzanita Dr.
Oakhurst, Ca. 93644
559.641.5809
Don't hesitate to call!!!
Love ya all,
Danielle

2 comments:

Curry said...

Hey Danielle! So glad that you are feeling a little more established in your new home and place! Your bear in the trash is crazy though! You had me laughing out loud remembering that bear story on Mt. Torrey. That was a fun trip:-) I really would love to visit you guys. We will aim for a time when you guys are a little more settled. I am so happy for you. Love you, Amber

Amy C said...

Congrats Danielle! That's great that you're all moved in. Must be a big change from LA, right? I have an uncle and aunt who live in Oakhurst and they love it. Keep us posted!